Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2016 Ancestor Score


This past Saturday night, (Jan 9) Randy Seaver posted a participation blog entitled “Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Ancestor Score for 2016.”

I didn’t get a chance to participate in the fun on Saturday night but I did calculate the advances made in my genealogy research and established a baseline number for 2016. 

10 Generations

For 10 generations, my "Ancestor Score" is:
Number of known ancestral names = 260
Number of possible ancestral names = 1,023
10 generation Ancestral Name Number = 260/1,023 = 25.42%


I have made some significant progress on my paternal line this past year. One probate file, found by a close friend, helped to move my Huneycutt line back 3 additional generations.  
I feel good about the progress I have made knowing that pre civil war records for Chesterfield County are very rare. I’m looking forward to many more “surprises” throughout thee forthcoming months.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pleased. Chesterfield County is a county with almost no records prior to 1865.

    ReplyDelete