Thursday, January 4, 2018

Treasure Chest Thursday-Conveyance of Property to Daughter

I have written several articles on the importance's of ensuring that Land Deeds are a part of your research strategy. Here is another example of significant genealogical data contained within a Land Deed.

DB 26, pg 478

Transcription:

Mathew Freeman, Jr.
To
Nancy Brewington                               Title to Real Estate
State of South Carolina,
County of Chesterfield,
Know all men by these Presents: that I Mathew Freeman Jr. of the County and State aforesaid, for and in consideration of the sum of One Dollar and the Love and goodwill and affection I bear to my daughter, Nancy Brewington wife of William Brewington of same County and State and for the further consideration of Five dollars to me paid by the said Nancy Brewington, the receipt whereof I do hereby acknowledge, have given granted sold and released, and by these presents do give grant sell release and convey unto the said Nancy Brewington, that tract of land situate in the County and State aforesaid, being a parcel laid off from the tract on which I reside, bounded on the North by the Lands of William Davis, on the South by Land of W. C. and E. T. Coker, on the East by the "old Toney Mill Pond, on the West by Lands-- containing Twenty-five acres.
Together with all and singular the rights members, hereditaments and appurtenances unto the same belonging or in anywise appertaining. To have and To Hold all and singular the said lands and appurtenances unto herself and her heirs forever.
And I do bind myself, my heirs, executors or administrators to warrant and forever defend the said Nancy Brewington or her heirs or assigns against myself, my heirs, executors or administrators and all other person lawfully claiming or to claim the same or any part thereof. In testimony whereof I have (inserted) hereunto set my hand and seal this the Seventeenth day of September A. D. 1889 and in the One Hundred and fourteenth years of the Independence and Sovereignty of the United States of America.
Signed, sealed and delivered in the presence of.
O. B. Carter                                                     Matthew X his mark Freeman Jr. {seal}
C. B. Tolson

State of South Carolina,
Darlington County,
Personally came before me O. B. Carter and made oath that he saw the within named Matthew Freeman, Jr. sign, seal and as his act and deed deliver the within Deed and that he with C. B. Tolson witnessed the execution thereof.
Sworn to before me this Sept 17th, 1889                                              O. B. Carter
Jno. Z. Hearon {Official Seal}
Notary Public

State of South Carolina,
County of Chesterfield,
I, H. A. Womack, a Notary Public for the State of South Carolina do hereby certify unto all whom it may concern that Mrs. Martha Freeman wife of the within named Matthew Freeman, did this day appear before me and upon being privately and separately examined by me did declare that she does freely voluntarily and without any compulsion, dread or fear of any person or persons whomsoever, renounce, release and forever relinquish unto thee within named Nancy Brewington her Heirs and assigns all her interest and estate and also all her right and claim of Dower of in or to all and singular the premises within mentioned and released. Given under my hand and seal this 20th day of December A. D. 1910.
H. A. Womack {official Seal}                  Martha X her mark Freeman
Notary Public. for S.C. (penciled in)

Recorded Jan. 5th, A. D. 1911.
Listing of genealogical data found:
  • Parent, Father - Matthew Freeman, Jr.
  • Daughter - Love and goodwill and affection I bear to my daughter, Nancy Brewington wife of William Brewington
  • Son-in-Law, Husband of Nancy - Nancy Brewington wife of William Brewington
  • Parent, Mother - Mrs. Martha Freeman wife of the within named Matthew Freeman 




______________________
[1] Chesterfield County, South Carolina, DEED BOOK 26: page 478, Mathew Freeman, Jr. To Nancy Brewington, Title to Real Estate; Register of Deeds, Chesterfield, Chesterfield County, South Carolina.


























No comments:

Post a Comment