Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Genealogy Resolutions for 2012...

It’s a New Year and time to lay out a plan for the year. My life has been focused and planned based on goals I have set for myself. Without those goals I know that my life, my career and my thought process would have been entirely different than what it is today.

Genealogy resolutions are in fact genealogy goals. So here are my resolutions/goals for 2012.

1. Blogging: My primary goal for the year is my new blog – Carolina Family Roots

2. Research: I plan to continue my family research especially the search for the parents of William A. Purvis and push my paternal line back beyond the 1860 Census for Anson County, NC.

3. Documentation: I will ensure that all facts are backed up with source documents and documented properly in my RootsMagic database.

4. Education: I will continue to participate in my local genealogical society, The National Genealogical Society (NGS) and to read and study pertinent genealogical literature and books.

5. Publish: I will publish a 300+page book on one of my Surname lines this year.

6. Participate: I will participate in webinars and view archived webinars to further my genealogical knowledge.

I’m looking forward to 2012. These goals will guide me throughout the year. However, since man is mortal and has no control over the future, I’m sure that somewhere along the way I will have to adjust. And that my friends is what makes us special; we can adapt and change at will.

Here’s wishing All a very successful genealogical research year in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment