Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Genealogy Road Trip and Family Visit


I’m sure that many of you were very aware that I have done very little posting over the past two weeks. Well, I have an excuse – I went to Salt Lake City, Utah to see my son and daughter-in-law, who lives just north of Salt Lake City near Ogden, Utah.

A secondary purpose of this visit was to do some genealogy research at the Family History Library. We left on the 28th of July and returned home on the 7th of August.

I spent about 21 hours doing research over 3 different days; spent a lot of time with my son and his family and was able to attend a company picnic for retirees of the company I worked for after my retirement from the Air Force.

The trip was a wonderful break from day to day routine.

IMG_0309
Hours of Operation
IMG_0142
Library
IMG_0145
Reflection
IMG_0152
Temple, SLC
IMG_0202
Bridal Veil Falls, Provo Canyon
IMG_0212
Devil's Slide, Ogden Canyon

2 comments:

  1. Charlie, sounds like you had a marvelous trip! I hope you made some great discoveries in Salt Lake City that we will be reading about in future blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,
    It was a great trip and I did find some additional information of the "Purvis" that went to Alabama and finally to Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete