Wednesday, October 1, 2014

One Lovely Blog Award


Shelley Bishop who writes “A Sense of Family” blog nominated me and my blog “Carolina Family Roots” for the  “One Lovely Blog Award.” Thank you Shelley for your nomination.

one-lovely-blog-award_thumb

The terms of the award are:
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Name 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of).
4. Contact those bloggers to let them know you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award.

Thank you Shelley. I am honored that you thought I and my blog deserved such honor. This award means a lot to me and I am grateful for the nomination.

Seven things about me: 
  • My lovely wife and I have know each other since the second grade and have been married 14 years. Together we have 3 wonderful children in NC, Texas and Utah.
  • I’m a retired E-9, US Air Force, with 22 year 6 months service.
  • I rode in the back seat of a F-16 Fighting Falcon Tail #0093
  • The wife and I have travel extensively vacationing in Far East, Europe, England, Australia, New Zealand and Peru
  • I have written and published several articles on metal detecting and lost treasures.
  • My favorite author is Clive Cussler; I have copies of all his books.
  • I have a Master Degree (1984) from Utah State University in Human Resource Administration. 
My nominations for this award goes to:
Many Branches, One Tree|Linda Huesca Tully
Roots Revealed|Melvin J. Collier
AnceStories: The Stories of My Ancestors|Miriam J. Robbins
Leaves & Branches|Colleen G. Brown Pasquale
Young & Savvy Genealogists|Heather Collins
Rattling Old Bones|Zola Troutman Noble
(going) The Extra Yad|Emily Garber
Reclaiming Kin|msualumni
Carolina Girl Genealogy|Cheri Hudson Passey
Journey to the Past|Brenda Leyndyke
Ask a Genealogist|Michele Simmons Lewis
Job's Children|T J Davis


The above blog are among some of favorites. There are many others whom have already been recommended for this award and it would be redundant to list them for receipt of the award.
My sincere appreciation and thanks goes out to my readers and subscribers and the feedback I have received from each of you. It is your dedication that makes this blog the success that it is. If you have any suggestions or recommendations just drop me an email to CPurvis1 at my Gmail.com account.





















4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your blog is wonderful. Thanks for your nomination of my blog. Having you for a blogging buddy is the best!
    Thanks also for your service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! And thank you for your military service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want you to know that I finally returned the favor. Thanks again for nominating me. http://rattlingoldbones.blogspot.com/2014/11/one-lovely-blog-who-me.html

    ReplyDelete