Thursday, December 21, 2017

Treasure Chest Thursday~College Certificate Received

On 18 December 2017 I received the following Certificate 34 years, 8 months and 3 days after retiring from the Air Force in 1983. 

CCAF DEGREE (2)

At the beginning of last week I did some genealogical research on myself looking for news articles about my Air Force career.

While browsing the Base Newspaper(Hilltop Times) of my last duty station (Hill AFB, Utah) I came across an article that I have written and completely forgotten.

To my surprise I also found this article entitled:

CCAF Degree

Pertinent snippet from lengthy article.

CCAF TEXT

This was a complete surprised. I had no idea, until last week, that this Certificate was issued to me. You can see the (Ret. = Retired) after my name and my last duty day before retirement was 14 April 1983. This articles was published in the May 27, 1983 edition of the Hilltop Times on page 19.

​After some discussion on The Retired Air Force Facebook page, I sent an e-mail on 13 December to the Registrar CCAF, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Alabama.













Transcription:

Dec 13 (7 days ago)
to REGISTRAR.CCAF
Registrar,
I just learned that I was awarded a CAAF Certificate in Aerospace Ground Equipment Technology from a 27 May 1983 - Hilltop Times.  
Purvis Degree

​I retired 30 June 1983 and left HILL AFB on terminal Leave on 15 April 1983.

Name: Charles L. Purvis
Rank: Chief Master Sergeant
DOB: removed
Last 4 SSAN: omitted

Mail to Address:
Charrles L. Purvis
Address: omitted

Reason: Left Hill AFB on terminal leave on 15 April 1983 was unaware certificate was issued until this week.

Thank You,
CMSgt. Charles L. Purvis, Retired

While this certificate will not benefit me in my retirement I felt a strong desire to secure a copy to pass on to my son.
















2 comments: